Keep your Cover Like New
- The Superior Load Cover is not spring loaded and is not a slam lock and should slide open and close easily. To close, pull the cover to the stopping position and double lock.
- Automotive (nonabrasive) wax, or liquid silicone can be applied to the top of the cover for extra protection against the elements and scratches.
- Care should be taken when setting any items on the cover. If the cover is dusty or an item is dragged across the cover, scratching or hazing may occur. Treat your Superior Load Cover like the hood of your Bakkie. Do not wipe dust off the cover; it should be washed off.
- With proper care, the aluminium cover will last for many years. It should be cleaned with mild soap and water. Do not use any strong chemicals or cleaners of any kind. Do not allow petrol to come in contact with the cover.
- It is a good idea to clean the rails and wheels of your cover from time to time, depending on the severity of the dust collected on your daily travels. To do this, open the tail gate, using a high pressure hose flush out rails on both sides whilst your cover is closed, and repeat with the cover open. If you look closely you will see that there is a brush along the top of the wheel rail, make sure that you flush this brush as well. Under pressure, water will blast through the brush pile into the load bin cleaning the bristles. Repeat a few times. When the brushes dry they will revert to being a waterproofing barrier.
- If you have been in the desert or extreme sand, wash the sand out of the track between the wheels from the inside of the load bin as well. It is important to also open the roller box and wash the snail track of any collected sand, as well as the drainage pipe. If you do not have access to water, use high pressure air or brush out with hand brush.