HELPFUL HINTS FOR KEEPING YOUR COVER LOOKING AND WORKING LIKE NEW
- The Superior Load Cover is not spring loaded and is not a slam lock and should lide open and close easily. To close, pull the cover to the stopping position and double lock.
- Automotive (nonabrasive) wax, or liquid silicone can be applied to the top of the cover for extra protection against the elements and scratches.
- Care should be taken when setting any items on the cover. If the cover is dusty or an item is dragged across the cover, scratching or hazing may occur. Treat your Superior Load Cover like the hood of your Bakkie. Do not wipe dust off the cover; it should be washed off.
- With proper care, the aluminium cover will last for many years. It should be cleaned with mild soap and water. Do not use any strong chemicals or cleaners of any kind. Do not allow petrol to come in contact with the cover.
- It is a good idea to clean the rails and wheels of your cover from time to time, depending on the severity of the dust collected on your daily travels. To do this, open the tail gate, using a high pressure hose flush out rails on both sides whilst your cover is closed, and repeat with the cover open. If you look closely you will see that there is a brush along the top of the wheel rail, make sure that you flush this brush as well. Under pressure, water will blast through the brush pile into the load bin cleaning the bristles. Repeat a few times. When the brushes dry they will revert to being a waterproofing barrier.
- If you have been in the desert or extreme sand, wash the sand out of the track between the wheels from the inside of the load bin as well. It is important to also open the roller box and wash the snail track of any collected sand, as well as the drainage pipe. If you do not have access to water, use high pressure air or brush out with hand brush.
CLEANING YOUR ROLLER BOX
It is a good idea to clean out your roller box from time to time, just to take out random leaves or dust that might be trapped in the box and prevent blocking of the drainage pipe.
It is a simple procedure and won’t take very long.
To clean out the roller box, use an allen key or 8mm spanner and loosen the 4 cap screws on the cover plate. Slide the plate left until the right side is free then take out.
You will be able to clean out the roller box using a hose pipe with water or small brush.
The drain pipe under the load box is installed with a rubber grommet. This can be pulled out and the pipe cleaned if there is dirt trapped.
To replace the cover plate – Position the roller box cover over the opening and slide into the side channel completely to one side, now lower the other side into the side channel and slide into the center of the side channels. Secure with the 4 cap screws supplied.